Thursday, April 23, 2009

Now There's More Than One Magical Thing Happening the Second Week of July


As if the anticipation of the sixth installment of Harry Potter wasn't already giving me heart palpitations, but OMG , finally finally finally The State is being released on DVD. According to TV Shows on DVD this long overdue release is slated for July 14th (gah! only one day before HP searches for horcruxes!). So now if you missed the sketch comedy show the first time around, and weren't cool enough to buy a few selected episodes on VHS tape, this is your chance to get with it. Do you like Wet Hot American Summer, Stella, and/or Reno 911!? The genius of all of 'em was birthed from The State. Grab your fattest Sharpie and mark your calenders for 7/14/09 so next time I tell you I'm seeing Stella at 6th and I Synagogue you act a little more jealous (I was seriously disapointed when I said I stood a foot from Micheal Showalter and you were like "Who?"). If you can't have Piggy-Shoes that make piggy sounds every time you step down on the heel, than The State DVDs are defintely the next best thing!

2 comments:

Grant said...

I didn't know you saw Stella live. I saw them in Ann Arbor and they were a lot of fun. Very much looking forward to this since, unfortunately, I haven't seen any State sketches except a few of the famous ones that have managed to survive floating around YouTube.

super des said...

You don't know how excited I am for this. Fur realz.