Friday, February 6, 2009

When Boys in Cardigans and Neon Collide


Whether your day is bananas (b-a-n-a-n-a-s), or you've always dreamed of naming your child Usher Jennifer Hudson Kapoor, your life will be made better by checking out the blog Things I Bought That I Love. It's written by the brilliant, the chatty, the lovable, Mindy Kaling. Mindy (named after the television show "Mork and Mindy"- awesome) not only plays Kelly Kapoor on The Office, but she is also one of the main writers and producers, and the massive talent doesn't stop there. On Things I Bought That I Love, she discusses the following in hilarious detail:

*Outwear - "...Every girl should have one coat in a bright color, preferably yellow. Why? Because people will think you’re a balls-out badass, or like some cool Parisian teenager."

*Snacks - "...When I finish a regular sized bag of Sour Patch Kids, my eyes gleam red and I’m like: “WHY HAS THIS BAG EMPTIED!! SOMEONE GIVE ME FIVE MORE BAGS OR EVERYONE’S DEAD!!!”

*Shoping for children - "...I went to the Discovery Channel Store...everything looked really boring or choke-tastic..."

*Trifting - "...You will find gems like a large, amateur (prison?) portrait of Bo Derek, nude in cornrows with giant, asymmetrical breasts."

So basically, if you're into Beyonce, pink the color, Pink the person, hot dogs, snow cones and anything that's awesome you'll totally love Things I Bought That I Love.

No comments: